Get ready to savor the flavors of Trenton on Saturday, November 3, 2018 when Isles hosts its second annual Fall Fest at the Social Profit Center at Mill One. Given the overwhelming success of last year’s event, Isles will once again lead an evening of local food, drinks, art, entertainment and tours as they celebrate the local community and the organization’s work with friends and supporters.
The fundraiser helps Isles provide a number services throughout the central New Jersey region with the vast majority of those served living in Trenton. The organization also offers place-based services in the city including support for more than 70 school and community gardens, clean up and maintenance of city parks and vacant lots, participation in community planning in three Trenton neighborhoods, pop up art/community events, and more.
As part of the Fall Fest event, Isles will honor important leaders including Stuart Essig, Integra LifeSciences Corporation Chairman of the Board of Directors; Paul and Anke Volcker, longtime friends and supporters of Isles; and Mitch Livingston, President & CEO of NJM Insurance Company, a Greater Trenton board member organization.
The event will feature music by Capital Philharmonic String Quartet, a 70-person professional orchestra featuring several local musicians led by Trenton’s own Maestro David Spalding. Performing five subscription concerts along with other performances throughout the year at the War Memorial Patriots Theater or in Millhill Park (for the Levitt Amp Concert Series), The Philharmonic prides itself on being a complement to the renaissance of Trenton’s robust arts and culture scene along with being a driving force behind the economic renaissance of Downtown Trenton.
Other musicians will perform a variety of musical styles, including jazz, classical, and contemporary. In addition, Trenton favorite DJ, ItsJustAhmad will be sure there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Here’s a bullet list of some flavorful entrees at Fall Fest straight out of Trenton:
- Lady and the Shallot – a plant based Trenton restaurant serving tacos and other comfort foods at this year’s Fall Fest was voted the Best Vegetarian Restaurant by Town Topics this year
- 1911 Smokehouse BBQ – a must-visit Trenton establishment that will be serving barbecue chicken, collard greens, and turkey meatballs
- The Dapper Chef – a family-owned Caribbean restaurant, that will bring fresh and flavorful foods to the tasting table
- Health is Wealth Restaurant & Juice Bar – an establishment with a heart for healthy living, creating healthful foods still packed with tons of flavor
- The Big Easy – a newer addition to the food scene in Trenton serving delightful soul food
- Annie’s Hot on D’ Spot Roti Shop – bringing the Caribbean flavors like pumpkin, spinach, and chicken wrapped in a warm roti
- Gyro Express – a wonderful Afghan food joint with fabulous flavors
- La Cabaña Bakeshop and Restaurant – providing Latin American dishes like ceviche, classic and vegetarian versions, roasted pork, and rice with chicken
For detailed information and to purchase Fall Fest 2018 tickets, visit: https://isles.org/features/islesfallfest