As dangerously cold temperatures make their way through the City, keep the following information in mind to ensure the safety of yourself, your family, your animals, and your community.
- It is unlawful for any person to leave any animal outdoors and unattended for a continuous period greater than 1/2 hour if the temperature falls below 32° F.
- Let cold water drip from faucets served by exposed pipes. The cold water is still above freezing and will help prevent the pipe from freezing. If you can expose pipes in unheated interior areas please do so, this way they are exposed to heat. Ex: Open kitchen sink cabinet so pipes are exposed to heat.
- City ordinances require a temperature of 68°F be maintained from 7 AM to 11 PM and at least 60°F from 11 PM to 7 AM. For apartment buildings with more than three units, a temperature of 65°F must be maintained from 11 PM to 7 AM.
- Warming Center: Sam Naples Senior Center, 611 Chestnut, (609) 989-3462, Hours: 6PM – 8AM, Monday – Wednesday
- Heat Hotline: (609) 989-3560