All youth in grades 2nd through 8th are invited to come cast their nets in Stacy Park to reel in some prizes at the 2019 Youth Fishing Derby. The derby will take place Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m at Stacy Park.
The 2019 Youth Fishing Derby is sponsored by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and City of Trenton Department of Recreation, Culture, and Natural Resources. This free event offers a chance to learn more about the sport of fishing with a fishing competition and prizes. Fishing equipment (for youth) will be provided. Participants will receive instruction about fishing basics, safety and fish identification along with the opportunity to visit hands-on stations about aquatic life, watersheds, pollution and more. All youth are invited to come enjoy nature and being outdoors along the Delaware River.
- Open to youth in grades 2-8.
- Youth must be pre-registered to participate.
- Parents/guardians are required to attend on site (children without an adult will not be able to participate).
- Attendance is limited and filled on first-come, first-served basis.
- Submit registration form online at http://www.nj.gov/dep/seeds/fishingderby.htm
- Bring: Protective eye wear (glasses, goggles), hat, sunscreen, water, snacks.
- Derby will be held rain or shine; bring rain gear and plastic bags if needed.
- Participants can walk or drive to Stacy Park.
If you have questions, call (609) 989-3523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the flyer in the following link: