Summer is coming, and many are looking for a way to spend it. Whether you’re a college student home for the season or just looking to make a few extra bucks, a summer job can be a great way to keep busy and have fun. The City of Trenton recently announced several available positions for Summer 2023. Whether you want to work poolside as a lifeguard or help bring neighborhood parties to life through the Take It To The Streets initiative, your skills, and talents are needed for a memorable summer in the Capital City.
If you want to get started, applications are available here: Apply – City of Trenton. Alternatively, you may drop off applications in person at the lockbox at Trenton City Hall (319 East State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608). It is strongly advised that candidates utilize the online application portal to apply. All applications are due no later than Monday, April 10th. Proper identification (driver’s license, passport, social security card, etc.) and proof of residency will be required. If you are under 18, please note that you will need to acquire working papers to apply. Once all applications have been processed, interviews are tentatively scheduled to begin the week of Monday, April 17th, through Friday, April 28th.
There are several positions available in the following departments, including:
- Summer Food Service: provide complimentary breakfast and lunch to help children in low-income areas access the nutrition they need
- Summer Pool Program: the program is responsible for maintaining five pools across the community andg at Cadwalader Park.
- Security: work at boat ramps, parks, pools, recreation centers, and programs
- Playground, Program, and Event Support Team: develop and oversee indoor and outdoor summer program activities, including Movies Under the Stars, basketball leagues, Summer Concert Series, etc.
- Please take it to the Streets: develop and execute neighborhood block parties.
Please note that several of these positions require applicants to have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle. A full description of the requirements, compensation, etc., can be found below. In addition, once hired, candidates must complete job training skills between May and June. The length of summer programs will run from June 26th, 2023, through September 4th, 2023.
What makes this such a unique opportunity is that you can help bring a magical summer to life through your participation. For many residents in the City of Trenton, the samprograms you could be working on are the highlights of their summer. From a friendly face at the community pool to the minds behind planning an epic summer block party, you can rest assured knowing that your work is making a difference in the lives of your fellow Trentonians. If you have any questions beforeetting started, please fentact the Division of Recreation at (609) 989-3635 for additional details. Don’t let this summer be a bummer; apply today!