The I Am Trenton Community Foundation launched a $50,000 citywide grant cycle in recognition of Juneteenth, supporting grassroots projects addressing equity, social justice, and resilience.
I Am Trenton is a volunteer-driven nonprofit in the City of Trenton focusing resources where they matter most—in local projects run by residents. Last year’s Citywide grants supported programs bringing together youth and local artists, telling important community stories and acknowledging shared struggles. Since 2010, IAT has invested more than $350,000 in nearly 220 projects.
“Due, in part, to the effects of the pandemic, our community has faced heightened uncertainty and trauma,” said IAT Board President Raj Manimaran. “This grant round seeks to empower Trentonians focused on advancing social justice initiatives, supporting health and wellness efforts, and promoting resilience overall.”
Applicants for the 2022 Citywide Grants may request up to $5,000. Project activities should occur between September 2022 and September 2023. Deadline for applications is Friday, July 29, 2022. Awards will be announced in early September 2022.
Applications now available in both English and Spanish on the I Am Trenton website. https://www.iamtrenton.org/citywide/. Applicants also have the option of submitting Project Details as a short essay OR as a short video.
Evaluators will prioritize projects designed and led by Trenton residents, people of color, and individuals with lived experience of the issue the project is addressing. Applications will be accepted in the following categories:
• Equity and social justice: Initiatives that address an equity or social justice problem, organize those affected, challenge the causes, bring new awareness, and/or create pressure for change.
• Resiliency: Initiatives that enhance organizations or communities’ ability to address trauma.
• Community Improvement: Projects that tackle a specific issue or challenge in the applicant’s community.
Applicants are encouraged to attend one of three virtual pre-application workshops, providing additional information and an opportunity to ask questions. Check the application webpage for workshop link.
• Tuesday, June 28, 5:30-7 pm Register
• Thursday, July 7, 5:30-7 pm Register
• Saturday, July 9, 10-11:30 am Register
To learn more about I Am Trenton and our work, please visit www.iamtrenton.org.