Patriots Week, a week-long celebration of the crucial role that Trenton played in the war that gave birth to our nation, is off to a great start. On Thursday, December 26, 2019, the morning walking tour and two lectures broke all records! But the best is yet to come… For one incredible week, New Jersey’s Capital City harkens back to our country’s remarkable roots through historic re-enactments, walking and bus tours, kids’ activities, musket demos, cannon firing and more. Most of the events are free! Saturday’s lineup is packed.
Every day, a number of the daily events will be highlighted.
On Saturday, December 28th:
- First Battle Reenactment, Old Barracks, 101 Barrack St., 11 a.m.
- Puppet Show: The Trouble with Trenton, Warren St. Plaza, 101 N. Warren St., 12 p.m.
- Hogmanay! Scottish Celebration of the New Year, Trent House, 15 Market St. 1 p.m.
- Trenton in 1775: Historic Tour Led by Dr. Sharon Ann Holt, St. Michaels Church, 140 N Warren St., 1 p.m.
- Second Battle Reenactment, Mill Hill Park,165 E. Front St., 3 p.m.
- Assunpink Firewalk, Mill Hill Park, 165 E. Front St. Meet at the bridge, 4:30 p.m.
For other Saturday events and details for the rest of the event, check out the new website: www.PatriotsWeek.com
Check out tomorrow’s TrentonDaily for Sunday’s events. Only in Trenton!