Rutgers Global Health Institute is seeking a program coordinator, a full-time position with health insurance and benefits that will be based in Trenton and will work closely with local stakeholders including Greater Trenton, The Latino Merchant’s Association, and others to support minority and women-owned micro-businesses in Trenton.
Rutgers Global Health Institute is responding to the enormous economic losses among small businesses and nonprofits by empowering them with knowledge, tools, and guidance pertaining to a safe workplace through a training program focused on minority- and woman-owned businesses and nonprofits. The training, which will be offered at no cost to small businesses and nonprofits in vulnerable communities, is aimed at creating a safe and resilient workplace.
For many businesses and nonprofits, the key to being resilient will be prioritizing the health and safety of both employees and customers and running their business efficiently. In addition to businesses, this program also has the potential to help individuals and families in Trenton affected by loss of jobs to get back to work and develop long-lasting resiliency.
The coordinator will work on day-to-day outreach, the administration of the training program, and processes regarding planning, preparation, evaluation, communications, and documentation. The coordinator will also be responsible for various marketing and outreach tasks related to increasing the program reach and engagement of the project.
They are looking for someone to:
- Make phone calls and visits to local businesses to promote the training program, implement training programs on COVID-19 return to work issues for small minority and women-operated businesses, and schedule and conduct small business consultations for businesses adversely affected by COVID-19.
- Assist with the coordination and logistics for vaccine clinics and testing sites and maintain the program calendar, helps with operational processes, and conducts program activities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local partners to assist with program requirements, modifications, or innovations. Identifies areas of need for small businesses and provide support and consultation to help eliminate barriers.
- Create surveys for various training, tracking program activities, and compiling the results.
- Conduct background research and identify relevant articles on a wide range of topics to aid in content development.
- Participate in meetings, take meeting notes, and documents action items.
- Carry out program activities under general supervision. May assist in other research support activities at the institute.
For more information go to: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/145003.