Mercer County Community College (MCCC) is hoping to enroll a record number of students from Trenton under the Governor’s new Community College Opportunity Grants (CCOG) Program. As part of this effort, the college added an additional information session, co-hosted by Mayor Gusciora, on Sunday afternoon, November 11, at 2:00 p.m. at the James Kerney Campus.
For more information on the program, you can visit www.mccc.edu/free. A copy of the updated flyer can be found here.
As reported earlier, MCCC was recently selected by Governor Murphy to take part in the Free Community College Tuition Pilot Program. The college also received a $250,000 planning grant to conduct outreach and recruitment. This program will enable individuals to learn new skills and advance their careers. MCCC will be hosting informational sessions on the following dates at their James Kerney Campus on 102 North Broad Street.
- Monday, October 29 from 12 noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 6 from 12 noon to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 11 at 2:00 p.m. (just added)
The program starts in Spring 2019. To enroll individuals must meet certain qualifications which include:
- Have an adjusted household income under $45,000.
- Participants must not have a prior college degree.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov, including submission of all required documents.
- Enroll for at least 6 course credits (typically two classes) in a semester.
- Make satisfactory academic progress.
Your Next Steps are to…
- Apply for financial aid. MCCC can help you complete the FAFSA form.
- Complete your MCCC admission application.
- Meet with your assigned Success Coach.
Some Important Dates for Spring Semester are that registration starts on November 12, 2018 and classes begin on January 23, 2019.
To learn more about this exciting new opportunity visit www.mccc.edu/free, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 609-570-3224.