The Mercer County Minority Concerns Committee is hosting an upcoming free half day program designed as a motivational guide to help young men make good life decisions and continue on the path to success with workshops related to planning and goal setting. The Boys Forum is for boys ages 12-16 and will cover subjects including life skills, relationships, cyber dangers, how to tie a necktie, and more.
The Boys Forum will be held March 23, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Mercer County Community College – Trenton Hall 137 North Broad Street. Registration and breakfast refreshments begin at 8:30 a.m. Lunch will be served.
The Mercer County Minority Concerns Committee is a consortium of representatives from service organizations in Mercer County. Its mission is to help to educate the public and community at-large about discriminatory and prejudicial practices faced by our youth.
Goals of the Mercer County Minority Concerns Committee include:
- Promote healthy community relationships
- Participate in collaborative efforts with schools, legal systems, families and community agencies
- Pledge an ongoing commitment to initiating positive change
- Raise community awareness about the disproportionate numbers of minority youth involved with the Juvenile Justice System
- Understand and value others for the unique qualities they possess
- Support the development of community-based programs
The committee hosts annual programs such as:
- The annual Girls Forum – a free program for young women aged 12 – 16 from the Trenton area to participate in a day of learning and empowerment.
- The annual Boys Forum – a free program for young men aged 12 – 16 from the Trenton area to participate in a day of learning and mentorship.
- Stand Against Racism – held the last Friday of April, this program is an opportunity to engage in conversation and solidarity around topics of racial equality initated by the YWCA
- Diversity Training – educational programs on a variety of topics related to diversity in the community
For more information about the Boys Forum or Mercer County Committee of Minority Concerns contact Walter Williams at 609-571-4200 ext. 74443 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To fill out the registration form click here.