As of 9 a.m. this morning, the New Jersey Redevelopment Authority grant application portal is available for submission. Funding for this $6 million program will be on a first-come, first served basis with no fee required to participate. Greater Trenton has partnered with Mercer County Community College (MCCC) to have bilingual students and technology available to assist Trenton businesses in submitting grant applications to the NJRA.
Mercer County Community College is open today from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at its James Kerney Campus building located at 102 North Broad Street to assist in this initiative. All visitors will be required to check in with security guards and will be required to wear a mask at all times.
The NJRA program provides up to $10,000 for small businesses leasing space in commercial or mixed-use buildings to pay rent by providing funds to the business’ landlord on behalf of the tenant. The following are among the conditions in order to be eligible to receive the $$:
- Business must have been operating prior to March 1, 2020 and not delinquent in rent payments at that time
- Business square footage cannot exceed 5,000 SF
- Business may be delinquent with current lease obligations provided it was not delinquent as of March 1, 2020
- There is no minimum number of employees requirement
- Business could not have previously received COVID-19 relief funds to assist in monthly lease payments
- No NJ tax clearance certificate is required although business owners must certify that to the best of their knowledge, the business is not delinquent in NJ tax obligations
Additional information may be found in the following FAQ from the NJRA’s web site.
In addition to the application, which must be completed electronically, business owners must submit a signed electronic copy of their existing lease. Students will be able to scan leases for businesses that do not have access to scanning equipment and also assist in completing the application on behalf of the business owner.
Bryan O’Neal, Assistant to the Dean Conley’s, will be available to address any MCCC related questions and his contact information is: OnealB@MCCC@edu and his phone number is (609) 570-3160.