NJM Insurance Group today announced the donation of $100,000 to benefit hunger relief organizations throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
“Households across the country lack consistent access to food,” said Mitch Livingston NJM president and CEO. “NJM is proud to help advance the vital efforts undertaken by non-profit organizations – large and small – to help alleviate food insecurity.”
NJM’s support of communities is rooted in a culture of purpose-driven service. This donation will be distributed among 20 organizations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The full list includes:
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank, Ohio
- Arm In Arm Inc, New Jersey
- Bucks County Opportunity Council, Pennsylvania
- Cathedral Kitchen, New Jersey
- Community Food Bank of NJ, New Jersey
- Connecticut Foodshare, Connecticut
- Food Bank of South Jersey, New Jersey
- Food Bank of Monmouth & Ocean Counties
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Pennsylvania
- Human Needs Food Pantry, New Jersey
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service (Greater Mercer), New Jersey
- Manna Food Center, Maryland
- Mercer Street Friends, New Jersey
- Mid-Ohio Food Collective, Ohio
- NORWESCAP, New Jersey
- Nourish NJ, New Jersey
- Pacific House, Connecticut
- Philabundance, Pennsylvania
- Rolling Harvest Food Rescue, New Jersey
- Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK), New Jersey
“The face of hunger reflects the full range of diversity here in New Jersey and throughout the country. Organizations like the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK) and so many others are at the forefront of this crisis, but we can’t do it alone,” said Joyce E. Campbell, TASK CEO. “We are grateful for corporate leaders like NJM and their generous support of our efforts to combat hunger in our communities.”
NJM directs charitable contributions throughout the year toward organizations that support arts and culture, health, education, community assistance, safety, and financial literacy. However, the Company’s philanthropic efforts extend beyond charitable donations.
Community service programs offer employees opportunities to attend outreach events and volunteer their time and talents, including membership on multiple non-profit committees and boards. In addition, NJM’s Matching Donation Program provides a dollar-for-dollar match for employee contributions to a variety of organizations.
About NJM Insurance Group
Founded in 1913, NJM is among the Mid-Atlantic region’s leading property and casualty insurers. One of the Company’s core values is to support the communities it is privileged to serve, a value exercised through year-round employee volunteer efforts at local non-profits and a formal corporate giving program. NJM operates in a mutual fashion for the exclusive benefit of its policyholders and is consistently recognized for its award-winning customer service, superior claims handling, and overall customer satisfaction. NJM’s personal insurance products are available direct to consumers in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The Company also works with a preferred network of independent agents to deliver business insurance in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Visit njm.com to learn more.