Let’s get ready to rock!
The Trenton City Museum at Ellerslie will be hosting Joe Zook & Blues Deluxe on Saturday, October 29th. Doors are at 6:30 pm and the show will be from 7 to 10 pm. Tickets are $35 for museum members and $40 for non-members. Snacks and drinks will be included in the price of your ticket. Blues Deluxe CDs will also be available for purchase in the museum store.
Blues Deluxe features vocals by two Blues Hall of Fame vocalists, the DeLuxe horns, keyboards, a blues harp, and a powerhouse rhythm section. The band is led by Joe “Zook” Zuccarelli, who brings an impressive resumé to the table. As a guitarist, vocalist, and band leader, Zook has been performing the blues since the 1970s. Together with his band, Blues Deluxe is able to capture the room with its electric sound and masterful performances.
Blues Deluxe features a variety of noteworthy musicians, including:
- Billy “Blues Boy” Holt, acclaimed bassist and vocalist of over 25 years
- Kenny “Chick” Ciccarelli on vocals and the drums. Although he’s the newest addition, Kenny comes with over 25 years of experience on percussion and vocals.
- James Cheadle, a prolific keyboardist whose playing has been described as “simply jaw-dropping”
- Angelo Di Braccio, a first-call professional musician on the alto sax
- Steve “Barry Sacks” Kaplan is described as an “educator, writer, builder of horn charts and lines, and a tenor sax, baritone sax, clarinet, and alto sax player who contributes immeasurably to that ‘big horn section’ sound of The DeLuxe Horns.”
- John Sopko, a solid keys player whose specialty is delivering “just the right sounds at just the right time”
- Tony “Bufe” Buford, a harmonica player, is part of what Joe dubbed the “DeLuxe” version of the lineup; aside from his playing, Tony is also a teacher, creator, and even designed the band’s new logo!
With a lineup this good, you won’t want to miss their upcoming performance. If you’re interested in attending, tickets can be purchased on the Trenton City Museum website here: Tickets – Ellerslie. You can read more about Joe Zook and Blues Deluxe on their website here: Joe Zook and Blues Deluxe – Home.