The Trenton Education Dance Institute & The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey cordially invites everyone to “Living a Legacy” on
Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:00pm at Patriots Theater at the War Memorial.
“Living a Legacy” is an original musical production featuring approximately 300 students from the Trenton Public School District and The Hedgepeth-Williams Student Orchestra as part of the Trenton Education Dance Institute.
About the Trenton Education Dance Institute
The Trenton Education Dance Institute (TEDI) reaches approximately 200 Trenton Public School District students from Kindergarten through Grade 10 with in-school and after-school dance classes, journal writing, mid-year demonstrations, and performances including five Event of the Year culminating performances.
TEDI offers a tailored curriculum which challenges students’ cognitive and physical capabilities while igniting self-esteem and executive function skills. The programs include:
- Weekly, in-school classes for 5th graders in two Trenton public elementary schools;
- “First Team” classes for TEDI kindergarten students;
- After-school SWAT Team (Scholarship for the Willing, Achieving & Talented) program for selected TEDI 5th graders;
- Celebration Team Scholarship Program for 6th – 10th grade TEDI alumni;
- TEDI Alumni Association for program graduates.
Each May, the TEDI program presents its Event of the Year with live performances for school, family and community audiences.
For more information or to purchase tickets visit